60 second guideline on How to make your projector/VGA cable Last longer
There is an exponential increase in the demand for projectors in organisations, schools, and businesses. Almost every school, business, and institution have at least one or more projectors and it will be important to guide you on how to use it in other to save costs in replacing the lamp and other important parts that can be affected as a result of poor handling.
This is the first thing to put in place before using your projector:
- Ensure your power is regulated. Use USP and power surge protectors to avoid power fluctuation from damaging your projector panel or other important parts.
- Change your filter regularly at least every six months if it is used in school. The projector emits lots of heat while working therefore It is essential that the lamp has enough air to cool it off which is the function of the fans inside the projector compartment. When the fans are doing their work they accumulate lots of dust into the projector causing blockage on the flow of air. This will reduce the life span of your lamp therefore in order to avoid this; the filter(s) must be cleaned regularly.
- Allow for good airflow. The fan exhaust area of the projector should be at least 3-5 feet from any wall or other impediments to free airflow. If air does not flow freely around the projector, it will overheat, which will shorten the life of your lamp.
- Avoid high temperatures. If you store your projector in an extremely cold area (below 45 degrees or so), the bulb may burst when you turn it on.
- Allow the lamp to cool before switching off the power or unplugging from the power. The projector fan should continue to run for a period of time after you turn the lamp off in order to cool the lamp. If the power is turned off before the end of the process, the life of the lamp will be shortened.
Please share this with your IT department in your schools and organisations. To some projectors, the costs of parts replacement can equal the actual cost of the projector. Therefore take all the precautionary measures to protect it.
The 21st Century has provided ample opportunities for business growth and development and Zuma Marketing Limited is on top of the situation to provide high-quality products and services to our clients at an affordable price.
We seek to engage your organization and add value based on your requirements. We look forward to your invitation with the opportunity to show you at no cost how these items can help your students’ standout and as well boost your brand value.